Ethos Life Insurance Review : $1 Million in Coverage Starting at Just $1 Per Day
Buying a car should be enjoyable. Whatever your budget, new or used, whether you’re after a Toyota or a Ferrari, driving that new car — your new car — off the lot for the very first time is exhilarating.
Getting to that point in the process and dealing with all the car-buying documents, however, is not always as thrilling. Even if you know exactly the car you want, you still have to search around to find the one that’s in the best shape at the best price.
In theory, this could be made easier by shopping online. But have you seen how many car sites are out there?
If you’re shopping for a car and want an easy, convenient way to compare listings for available cars, you may want to give AutoTempest a try. I’ve done my share of car shopping, and even I was surprised at the convenience and information that AutoTempest offers to car buyers.
In this article
- What is AutoTempest?
- How does AutoTempest work?
- What AutoTempest could improve
- Who is AutoTempest best for?
- AutoTempest FAQs
- How to sign up for AutoTempest
- Don’t forget your auto insurance
What is AutoTempest?
AutoTempest is an online car shopping website that began in 2008. AutoTempest is a used-car search engine that aggregates listings from around the web, including those from car dealerships and individual listings from private sellers. In other words, you won’t have to spend any more time searching every used car site individually and you won’t miss out on finding your ideal car.
AutoTempest compiles used car listings from a number of top sites, including:
- eBay Motors
- Cars & Bids
Simply put, AutoTempest is a one-stop-shop for finding a used car.
How does AutoTempest work?
If you’ve ever used a search engine before, you’ll feel right at home using AutoTempest. The website, www.autotempest.com, offers an easy-to-use interface and a results page that feels familiar and easy to navigate.
You can start your search with the most basic information, such as the make and model of the car, as well as your zip code and search radius (how many miles you’re willing to drive for your car).
Or you can use the site’s advanced search option to narrow down your search even more by including things such as color, transmission type, price range, trim package, and more.
The listings displayed on the results page are easy to read. Results are categorized by the site from which the car listing originates, and important information such as price and mileage are displayed alongside a photo of the car. This means you don’t have to click each result to get an idea of whether a car is a potential good fit for you.
16 Factors That Affect Car Insurance Rates (Plus: How to Save Money)
You can further refine your search right from the results page. You can filter by price, year, mileage, fuel type, body style, and a number of other options to help you pinpoint the exact car you want. Clicking a result brings you to the listing’s website, for example eBay or Carvana, where you can then view more photos and details of the car.
If you’re wondering what other people are saying about this make and model, you can click the car review banner at the bottom of the search results page to see for yourself. You can also search car reviews from the main landing page of the site.
The process of moving from viewing the listing to actually purchasing the vehicle will vary depending on the source the listing was pulled from. Once you click on a result, you leave AutoTempest to complete the rest of the process. For example, if you choose a car listed on Carvana, you will be taken to Carvana to complete the purchase process.
What we like about AutoTempest
- A consolidated car-search experience: Everyone wants an easy and enjoyable car-buying experience, and that starts during the search for your new car. AutoTempest prevents you from having to bounce around to multiple sites to see all the listings the different car sites have to offer.
- AutoTempest blog and guides: Feeling intimidated by everything there is to know about cars? Don’t sweat it. AutoTempest offers users a blog and a number of guides to help you navigate the car-buying process.
- Easy-to-use interface: There’s really no guesswork in navigating the AutoTempest site. Searching for used cars is what AutoTempest is all about, and it provides a quick and easy tool to get your car shopping underway from the moment you arrive on the page.
- Results are easy to digest: The results page provides all the information you need to quickly tell whether a particular automobile might be right for you. You’ll find a photo of the car, its price and mileage, and where it’s located. This allows you to quickly scan through the results to find your ideal car. Although the results page packs a lot of info, it doesn’t feel overly crowded or hard to follow.
- Supporting tools: In addition to its used car search, AutoTempest offers a number of tools to help you find your next used car. You can search for reviews, compare new car quotes, compare auto insurance quotes so you can save money on car insurance, and get quotes for shipping a car from outside your city. Have a car you want to trade in or sell? AutoTempest partners with Cars.com to give you an option for listing and selling your old car online.
What AutoTempest could improve
- Car reviews search could be better: AutoTempest provides a convenient tool for searching for car reviews right on its landing page. The results, however, are not as easy to read as the car search tool. AutoTempest says its car reviews search is “specially formulated … to find the best and most reliable car reviews on the web.” There just doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason as to what results are returned.
- You can’t buy at AutoTempest.com: AutoTempest helps you save time when searching for a car, but there are still additional steps you have to take in order to purchase the car. AutoTempest is an aggregator of used car listings, so you have to navigate through to those sites to continue with the process. Overall using AutoTempest does save time, but a more seamless approach to transitioning to actually buying the car might be a nice touch.
Who is AutoTempest best for?
Whether you know what you want or you still need to do research before deciding on a car, AutoTempest is a good resource to have in your corner.
For those who prefer searching for used cars online instead of spending their day driving from dealership to dealership, this website can save a lot of time and trouble when it comes to finding the ideal vehicle. Instead of having to scour the internet checking and comparing all the different car sites, AutoTempest delivers all these results in one spot.
Does AutoTempest have an app?
AutoTempest offers a progressive web app that can be installed on the homepage of your mobile device. Although it’s not a downloadable program, it’s a website optimized for use on mobile devices, both iOS and Android.
Who owns AutoTempest?
AutoTempest is owned and run by Nathan Stretch, the company’s founder and CEO. Stretch founded the company more than 12 years ago with the purpose of helping people save time and effort finding the used car of their dreams, for work, or for everyday life. This is accomplished by AutoTempest’s ability to search through millions of used car listings to help you find what you’re looking for.
What sites does AutoTempest check?
AutoTempest pulls listings from a number of top sites and used car classifieds, including:
- Cars & Bids
Can I trade in a car through AutoTempest?
You cannot directly trade in your car through AutoTempest. Although AutoTempest offers a tool that allows you to calculate your car’s trade-in value, you can’t trade in your car directly through AutoTempest. AutoTempest does, however, partner with Cars.com to offer a way to list and sell your car online.
How does AutoTempest make money?
AutoTempest makes money through referrals. The company has agreements with a network of affiliate partners and makes money by sending them your business.
How to sign up for AutoTempest
Ready for this? You don’t need to sign up for AutoTempest to use the website. Once you navigate to the site, you can begin your car search right away without being required to create a profile or sign up for anything.
When you click on a search result — for example, Carvana — you will be taken to the Carvana website and you will be shown the listing once again. At that point, you may be required to sign up for that particular website to complete the car-buying process.
Don’t forget your auto insurance
AutoTempest makes it easy for car shoppers to find their next used car online. But don’t forget to make sure you have the right car insurance coverage to enjoy your new car. Lucky for you, it’s never been easier to get car insurance.
Whether you’re already covered but considering switching car insurance or you’re a new driver buying car insurance for the first time, shopping for and comparing the best car insurance quotes online can help ensure you’re getting a good price. You’re already working to save for a car, there’s no need to overpay on car insurance.
Save $500 A Year
Get a quote now
- Save up to $500 a year on your car insurance
- Compare dozens of providers in under 5 minutes
- Fast, free and easy way to shop for insurance
- Quickly find the perfect rate for you
Get a quote now
Denied Life Insurance? 8 Possible Reasons Why and What to Do Next