Ovation Credit Repair Services Review
If negative items on your credit report are keeping you from buying a house or getting a good interest rate on a car loan, you may need some credit repair help.
You can try the do-it-yourself credit repair process, or you can hire a credit repair service to do the work for you.
In this post, I’ll review Ovation Credit Repair Services, a new credit repair company that could help improve your credit score and your borrowing power.
Table of Contents:
- How It Works
- What They Can Remove
- Plans and Cost
Who Is Ovation Credit Repair Services?
Ovation Credit Services, Inc., is a Jacksonville, Florida-based credit repair company owned by Lending Tree, the online platform for comparing loan offers.
Ovation helps consumers who have bad credit resolve their credit issues.
Eliminating your credit report’s negative items could create the kind of credit history quality lenders look for.
Ovation specializes in removing inaccurate information from personal credit files by submitting credit disputes and sending goodwill letters on behalf of its clients.
The service also offers financial management tools to help clients maintain good credit after completing the credit repair program.
Like Lexington Law, one of the national leaders in credit repair, Ovation is staffed by attorneys and paralegals who specialize in credit repair issues.
The advice and guidance you get from Ovation’s team should be accurate and relevant to your case.
How Does Ovation Credit Work?
When you sign on with Ovation, your personal case advisor will first pull copies of your credit report from the three main credit bureaus – Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax.
Your advisor will analyze your credit reports looking for debts that cannot be verified or confirmed, inaccurate information, or duplicate entries.
Removing Inaccurate Information
Analyzing your credit reports gives the Ovation team a starting point. After identifying actions to take, the Ovation legal team will start contacting your creditors and the credit bureaus on your behalf.
The team can work to get these negative items removed from your file by writing goodwill letters asking creditors to remove anomalous late payments or paid collection accounts (Essentials Plus plan).
Ovation will also send dispute letters and debt validation letters to attack inaccurate information that’s pulling down your credit score (Essentials & Essentials Plus plans).
Removing negative items can have a positive impact on your credit score within 30 to 45 days.
Making a New Plan to Optimize Credit
Your credit analyst will also help you develop a plan to optimize your credit through your daily financial decisions.
This kind of credit repair takes months or even years, but it lays a strong foundation for having excellent credit in the future.
Borrowers with excellent credit can access loans with the best interest rates and the lowest fees. They also get the best rewards credit cards.
If you’re planning ahead for getting a mortgage or a business loan in the next few years, Ovation’s holistic approach could help you.
Learning to manage your credit score is a vital skill in today’s credit-dependent market.
Ads by Money. We may be compensated when you click on this ad.
Find Locally Licensed Experts Select your state to get started Hawaii Alaska Florida South Carolina Georgia Alabama North Carolina Tennessee RI Rhode Island CT Connecticut MA Massachusetts Maine NH New Hampshire VT Vermont New York NJ New Jersey DE Delaware MD Maryland West Virginia Ohio Michigan Arizona Nevada Utah Colorado New Mexico South Dakota Iowa Indiana Illinois Minnesota Wisconsin Missouri Louisiana Virginia DC Washington DC Idaho California North Dakota Washington Oregon Montana Wyoming Nebraska Kansas Oklahoma Pennsylvania Kentucky Mississippi Arkansas Texas Contact an Expert
Even after you complete a credit repair project you should continue monitoring your credit score to check for inaccuracies and fraud before they hurt your personal finances.
Ovation offers a separate credit monitoring service that you can use after you complete your credit repair process and cancel your monthly credit repair subscription.
You can also monitor your credit by pulling your own credit reports at annualcreditreport.com where you can get a free credit report from each bureau once a year.
(Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, this site now offers free credit reports each week through April of 2021).
Credit Karma and Credit Sesame also offer free credit monitoring services.
Get a Free Copy of Your Credit Report
What Can Ovation Credit Remove From a Credit Report?
Ovation can remove a variety of negative items from your credit history — assuming the negative information is inaccurate, old, or duplicated elsewhere on your credit report.
Ovation can also ask for goodwill adjustments to remove negative information.
The types of things which can be removed include:
- Late payments
- Credit Inquiries
Consumers should always remember Ovation — and any other credit repair or financial services provider — can remove negative information only if it’s expired, fraudulent, inaccurate, lost, or duplicated.
Your legitimate debts will remain on your credit report until they are resolved or until they age off.
Can Ovation Help Me?
Many consumers expect instant results when they hire a credit repair company like Ovation.
This expectation probably comes, in part, from the ads many credit repair companies run. These ads tend to include testimonials from customers who report drastic credit score increases.
Credit repair professionals can’t work miracles, and they have to work within the law. For example, they can’t remove a negative item that’s accurately reported and legitimate.
In fact, credit repair companies can’t do anything you couldn’t do yourself. But a professional can work a lot faster and more efficiently to get results.
When you hire professional help for your credit repair process, you’re paying for speed and tenacity. You’re paying someone else to write letters and make phone calls so you can go about your ordinary life.
Ovation Credit Repair is Best For…
Depending on your specific credit issues, hiring Ovation Credit Services, Inc., could resuscitate your credit score quickly.
But you should know in advance that a credit repair company like Ovation won’t be able to fix bad credit if your credit history is filled with legitimately reported problems.
Professional credit repair from Ovation can be a good buy if:
- You want a free credit consultation, alongside a professional credit analysis.
- You need to repair your credit, but you have no idea where to start.
- You need some expert advice about how to repair your credit.
- You know you have inaccuracies but have no idea how to file disputes and appeals.
- You don’t mind writing dispute letters and goodwill letters but you don’t have time to follow up on them.
How Much Does Ovation Cost?
If you’ve read this far and you’re still interested in Ovation Credit Services, Inc., you probably want to know about cost.
Ovation offers a free credit consultation. If you decide the company can help improve your credit score, you can choose from two plans, both of which also charge a one-time first work fee of $89, paid upfront:
The Essentials Plan ($79 a month)
The Essentials Plan provides customers with a personal case advisor, personalized dispute options, 24/7 access to their case with live updates, and easy access to the online credit dispute service.
You’ll also get a personalized plan to optimize your credit going forward.
This plan charges an $89 first-work fee when you sign up. Then you’ll pay $79 in monthly fees as long as you’re a customer.
The Essentials Plan offers two $25 add-ons:
- Identity Optimization to help protect your credit life against identity theft.
- Fast Track to help expedite your credit disputes.
The Essentials Plus Plan ($109 a month)
The Essentials Plus Plan offers everything in the Essentials Plan along with:
- Unlimited challenge validation
- An official recommendation letter for use with creditors
- Ongoing TransUnion Credit Monitoring
- Goodwill letters sent to creditors to address legitimate and accurate negative items.
This plan also requires the $89 first-work fee followed by $109 a month as long as you’re a customer.
You could add-on the same extras the Essentials Plan offers: Identity Optimization and Fast Tracking.
Ovation Credit Repair Discounts
Ovation has a nice selection of discounts which include:
- Referral Credits: You could get a $30 discount off a monthly fee by referring a friend who also signs up for Ovation. You could get a $50 discount for referring a couple.
- Couples Discount: If you’re an Ovation customer and your spouse or significant other also signs up, you both could claim a 20% ongoing discount.
- Seniors & Military Discount: Both seniors (65 or older) and military members (retired or active duty) get a 10% discount on all Ovation services.
What Are The Advantages of Ovation Credit?
Ovation’s $79 a month Essentials Plan is among the most affordable credit repair options in this market today.
Along with this potential for savings, Ovation can offer some other advantages which include:
- Personalized Attention: From the beginning, you’ll have a personal case advisor assigned to you. Most customers appreciate having a go-to person rather than talking to someone different each time they need help.
- Accreditation: One of the most significant selling points of Ovation is its A+ accreditation from the BBB ( Better Business Bureau). An A+ rating is a standard of reliability in the industry, and it helps reassure customers that the credit firm is reliable and trustworthy.
- Free Credit Consultation: All prospective customers can claim a free credit consultation before signing up — and it is entirely free of charge. However, Ovation will encourage you to enroll in one of its paid plans during and after the consultation.
- Easy Access to Progress: Customers can access their account any time via Ovation’s site, making it easy to track and monitor your progress on your schedule.
- Range of Payment Plans: Ovation offers one of the industry’s most affordable options if you choose the Essentials Plan with no add-ons. However, if you want more services and don’t mind paying for them, Ovation also has a plan for you.
- Modern Website: First impressions count for a lot, and logging onto Ovation’s website is reassuring for any potential customers. The overall look of the site is professional and sophisticated, with all services easily accessible. Social media is also updated and well maintained, and this combines to create an overall professional impression. Unfortunately, many other credit repair companies struggle in this area.
- Flexibility: It is easy for customers to add custom options to their plan, meaning you can pick and choose the services which are the best fit for your needs.
- Same Day Service: Another unusual but beneficial feature is Ovation’s same-day Fast Track promise ($25 add-on). By sending dispute letters and goodwill letters as quickly as possible, Ovation can get results more quickly.
- Identity Optimization: Identity theft is a legitimate concern, and the Identity Optimization feature ($25 add-on) helps to reduce the chances of this being an issue, offering more peace of mind for customers.
- No Contracts: It’s easy enough to cancel your monthly subscription. Ovation bills on a month-by-month basis and does not require contracts.
Are There Any Disadvantages of Ovation Credit?
As with any credit repair company, Ovation has some areas where it could / will improve:
- Youth: The company is still new. Its reviews seem positive, but they don’t have decades of history like Lexington Law or Credit Saint. That being said, being a Lendingtree company lends some credibility.
- Customer Support: 24/7 active duty customer support is not provided.
- Vague Refund Policy: Ovation says it will refund your monthly fee any time it doesn’t meet its obligations to you during that month. However, this policy leaves room for the company to interpret whether your case merits a refund. Refunds are always tricky with credit repair companies because customer expectations aren’t always possible to meet.
Ovation Credit – Is It The Credit Repair Service for You?
Considering its relative youth, ovationcredit.com provides a flexible, stable, and comprehensive approach to credit repair.
I recommend checking out this company if you’re serious about hiring a credit repair pro.
(Rates current as of 12/24/20)
Ovation Credit Services